To Buy This Property, Click This Button or Call us at 845-287-0809
PLEASE READ: This parcel has been split from a larger (39 acre) parcel, and easements have been added to provide access to it, as shown in the map (see parcel map in photos section).
9.84 Acres w/Sweeping Views in Douglas, Arizona. Borders State Land. Perfect for Hunting, Hiking, Camping, or an Off-Grid Home.
This property features beautiful views and easy access to State Land. The views sweep across the border into Mexico, towards New Mexico, and also into east Douglas. This is perfect parcel for an off-grid-home or seasonal visits in the RV.
The property borders state land and nearby mountains, making it perfect for horse riding, mountain biking, hiking, hunting, or simply enjoying nature in beautiful, warm Arizona weather!
- Directions: From Hwy 80 east towards NM state line, north just after mile marker 386-there is a gate to go through and drive to property. Take your GPS.
- GPS Coordinates (Southwest Corner, approximate): 31.498197,-109.354565
- Property Corners: This parcel’s corners have been marked by a licensed Surveyor. The corner markers are visible as of January 25, 2019.
- Physical Address: Silver Creek Ranch Lot 16E, Douglas, AZ 85607
- Legal Description: Report Of Survey Bk 2 Pge 81A Aka Silver Creek Ranch Lot 16, Lot 5
- County: Cochise County, Arizona
- Size: 9.84 Acres
- Parcel Number: 405-54-016, Lot 5 (a.k.a parcel E)
- Terrain: Level / Foothills
- Lot Features: Borders State Land; Views (Mountain, Panoramic, Rural, Sunrise and Sunset)
- Access: From Hwy 80 east towards NM state line, north just after mile marker 386-there is a gate to go thru and drive to property. Follow the access easement, through the center of the original 39 acre parcel as shown on the parcel map, to this lot. Gravel/dirt road. Take your GPS.
- Pipeline right of way passes through this parcel. The ground within the pipeline right of way must be left free of buildings and kept open for pipeline workers to access. See map for details.
- Zoning: Rural (code “RU-4”). This is a fairly flexible zoning classification. Permitted housing types include: traditional stick-built houses, mobile and manufactured homes, tiny houses, shipping container houses, and earthbag houses. Earthbag houses must meet the county’s 2012 building code, including the code requirements for electrical and plumbing, and have a septic system. Accessory structures are allowed as well. Buildings can be up to 30 feet tall, and the required setback for buildings from the lot line is 20 feet (you need to situate your house or building 20 feet or more from the lot line). For complete details on the requirements for all housing types, see Cochise County Zoning Regulations (PDF) or call the Cochise County Zoning department at 520-432-9240.
- Electric: Would need to use generator, solar, or extend power to lot.
- Sewer: Would need to install septic.
- Water: Would need to dig a well or use holding tank. There are wells near this property. You can see a map of them in the image section on this page, above. Scroll 1 image to the left from the main property picture, and you’ll see a map, from the Arizona Department of Water Resources, which shows nearby wells from their Well Registry (indicated by red dots on that map). You can see this info on the Well Registry website, by going to http://gisweb2.azwater.gov/WellReg and entering the GPS coordinates of this property. For general information about what’s involved with drilling wells (the state well permit cost is appx $100, good for drilling within 1 year), call the Arizona State Department of Water Resources, at 800-352-8488. Their website, www.azwater.gov, has a lot of information on wells, including a list of drillers in Cochise county, in case you want to call them for a quote.
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed.
- Taxes: Appx. $175/Annually
- HOA fees: None
Price and Financing Information:
- Discounted Cash Price: $4,550. (Regular price: $5,688)
- Financing Information: Down Payment of $295 and monthly payments of $188 for 36 months. No credit check required. Interest rate: 9.5%.
- To purchase, click the “Buy Now” button, located at the top or bottom of this page, submit your information and pay the document preparation fee of $295. We will then send you your purchase documents and instructions for payment.
- Your only closing cost is a document preparation fee of $295.
- To pay this fee, use the link below.