To Buy This Property, Click This Button or Call us at 845-287-0809
Surround yourself with Colorado’s famous blue skies, snow-capped Rocky Mountains, and crisp, clean air while you enjoy world class outdoor recreation within easy driving distance from your property.
Own your own 5.08 acre ranch, with Rocky Mountain views, in scenic southern Colorado! This property is part of the Mount Blanca Estates, in Costilla county, Colorado. From the property, you can see the beautiful Sangre de Cristo range of the Rocky Mountains, which contains the 14,351 foot Mount Blanca – the fourth highest peak of the Rocky Mountains. Antelope, elk, and wild horses are seen often in the area.
This property is located in the San Luis valley in southern Colorado, 7 miles northwest of San Luis, Colorado’s oldest town.
You can find incredible outdoor adventures and interesting culture to enjoy within easy driving distance from this property, including the following examples:
- Head south of the property for fishing, camping, bird watching, boating, and hiking at the Sanchez Reservoir. The Sanchez reservoir has a large amount of shallow water with weeds in it, making it a great place to fish for Pike. Other nearby reservoirs include: The Eastdale Reservoir, Smith Reservoir, and Mountain Home Reservoir.
- Enjoy world class skiing, music, and art in Taos, NM.
- Go hiking or climbing in the Sangre de Cristo Range, north of the property, with its 14,000+ foot peaks in full view.
- To the east, ride mountain bikes or ATVs and camp in the San Isabel National Forest.
- Enjoy hunting at the Alamosa Wildlife Refuge, to the west of the property, or at that Trinchera Ranch, among many other great local hunting locations.
- Immerse yourself in local culture by visiting the Fort Garland Museum, San Luis Museum and Cultural Center, the Shrine of the Stations of the Cross, Veteran’s Park
- Explore the nearby towns local shopping and handmade souvenirs
- Experience the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
- In addition, take in the hot springs, sand dunes, Jeep trails, picturesque mountain lakes, and fascinating history that south-central Colorado is known for… and much more!
Although this property’s rural location and incredible views provide a relaxing, natural setting for you to enjoy, modern conveniences like restaurants, stores, and gas stations are available just 7 miles away in San Luis.
This parcel’s flat terrain, access by dirt road, and wide variety of nearby recreational activities make it a great value for someone looking to build an off-grid cabin, use it for recreation, or to hold as a long-term investment. There is no requirement to build if you don’t want to, so you can take your time and allow your plans to unfold however is convenient for you.
- Driving directions:
- Take CO-142, heading northwest out of San Luis
- Take a right on Rd 16 (as labelled on Google maps), heading north. Follow it as it turns left, then right again (continuing to head north).
- Take a left on South 11th street (as labelled on the Cochise county website map).
- Take a right on Blackfoot Circle (as labelled on the Cochise county website map).
- Property is immediately on the left.
- Use Google Map at the bottom of this page to generate personalized driving directions for you. Be sure to “sanity check” any directions from Google or other internet sources, by comparing them to local road atlases. We also recommend, checking with locals near the property (at gas stations etc) so that they can help make sure you’re going the right way. We would also recommend bringing a GPS device with you.
- GPS Coordinates: 37.2521, -105.4940
- Physical Address: Lot 17, Block 14, Unit 2 of Mount Blanca Estates
- Legal Description: Lot 17, Block 14, Unit 2 of Mount Blanca Estates
- Size: 5.08 acres
- Parcel Number: 70402410
- Terrain: Flat
- Access: By dirt road
- Zoning and Land Use: Estate Residential, which allows for stick-built, prefabricated, and mobile homes. Buyer to confirm zoning and allowable uses with Costilla county Planning and Zoning department. You can reach them at (719) 937-7668.
- Electric: Solar and/or generator. This area (the San Luis Valley) has extremely strong solar power resources and a very high per capita usage of home-based solar power systems. Starting prices for solar power system kits are approximately $1,100. Many people use a backup gasoline generator as well.
- Water: Would be by well or water tank. To save money, local off-grid residents tell us that you can fill your own 500 gallon water tank at the Alamosa Water Department for very low cost. Wells in the area are often approximately 190 feet deep, and drilling costs around $35/ft.
- Heat, Cooking, and Food Refrigeration: Heat, cooking, and a food refrigerator would be powered by propane gas (yes, there are propane-powered refrigerators – pretty cool, right!). Firewood is also readily available locally for heating.
- Sewer: Would be by septic.
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed.
- Taxes: $44.14 / Annually (Source: 2017 tax bill)
Price and Financing Information:
- Discounted Cash Price: $3,450. (Regular price: $5,175)
- Financing Information: Down Payment of $295 and monthly payments of $172 for 36 months. No credit check required. Interest rate: 9.5%.
- To purchase, click the “Buy Now” button, located at the top or bottom of this page, submit your information and pay the document preparation fee of $295. We will then send you your purchase documents and instructions for payment.
- Your only closing cost is a document preparation fee of $295.
- To pay this fee, use the link below.