This property has been sold. To see our available properties, please click on the “Properties” link at the top of this page. To hear about new properties as soon as they’re available, please join our Email List.
2.33 Acres in Elko County, Nevada with Mountain Views!
Elko County, Nevada is wide-open and scenic, offering beautiful views of the high desert with mountain backdrops. Ranchers, hunters, and fishermen have sought out land here for decades. So have well-known business people and entertainment figures looking to combine a quiet rural retreat with an investment in land. Examples include Reebok founder Paul Fireman and actor Jimmy Stewart, both of whom owned ranches in Elko County.
There are seemingly limitless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors near this property, thanks to the vast quantity of protected wilderness land in Elko County. The county contains 3 districts of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, while also possessing approximately 6.9 million acres of US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) land that is available for public use (see BLM map in the pictures on this listing).
This property is located in the Last Chance Ranch subdivision, near BLM land and just 13 miles from the town of Elko, making it well-situated to be your private outdoor getaway. While its rural location and mountain views provide a relaxing, natural backdrop, modern conveniences such as bars, restaurants, and grocery stores are available only 30 minutes away in the town of Elko.
Nearby recreational opportunities include:
- Hiking, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, camping, and mountain biking in the vast stretches of protected wilderness land in Elko County.
- Golf at the Ruby View Golf Course in the nearby town of Elko
- Cultural and historical exhibits, such as the California Trail Interpretive Center, where you can follow the footsteps and stories of gold-rush pioneers and other settlers.
- Casinos, bars, and restaurants in the nearby town of Elko
- ATV riding, rafting, and much more…
- Size: 2.33 acres
- Terrain: Rolling desert with small shrubs. Mountain views.
- Access: Dirt road.
- Zoning: This property is zoned “Agricultural-Residential,” which means that single family dwellings can be built, including stick-built homes, mobile homes, modulars, and “tiny houses.” RV camping is allowed as well, with an approved septic tank. The property can also be used for hobby agriculture, including uses such as: gardens, orchards, vegetable crops, nurseries and greenhouses, private horse stables, and rodeo/roping areas. For further questions on allowable uses, contact John Kingwell, director of the Elko County Planning and Zoning Department, at 775.738.6816.
- Electric: Would need to be extended to lot, or use off-grid setup such as generator or solar. For info on extending electric to lot call NV Energy at 775.738.3188.
- Sewer: Septic would need to be installed. Contact Nevada Department of Health for more info, at 775.753.1138.
- Water: Would need to dig a well or use holding tank. For permit information on wells, call Nevada State Water Resources at 775.753.3553.
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed.
- Taxes: $19 / Year
- HOA fees: None