To Buy This Property, Click This Button or Call us at 845-287-0809
Attention Hunters and Dirt Bike Riders: 2.27 Acres close to BLM Land:
Elko County, Nevada is wide-open and scenic, offering beautiful views of the high desert with mountain backdrops. Ranchers, hunters, and fishermen have sought out land here for decades, as have businesspeople and entertainment figures looking to combine a quiet rural retreat with an investment in land. Examples include Reebok founder Paul Fireman, as well as actor Jimmy Stewart, both of whom owned ranches in Elko County.
There are many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors near this property, thanks to the vast quantity of protected wilderness land in Elko County. The county contains 3 districts of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, while also possessing several million acres of US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) land that is available for public use (see BLM map in the pictures on this listing).
This property is located close to BLM land and is approximately 5 miles from Interstate 80, making it well-situated to be a private outdoor getaway. While its rural location and mountain views provide a relaxing, natural backdrop, modern conveniences such as bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and Walmart are available approximately 17 miles away in the town of Elko. Nearby recreational opportunities include:
- Hiking, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, ATV riding, and camping.
- Golf at the Ruby View Golf Course in Elko
- The California Trail Interpretive Center, where you can follow the footsteps and stories of gold-rush pioneers and other settlers.
- Casinos, bars, and restaurants in the town of Elko
To get a sense for the local area and the incredible amount of outdoor recreation available near this property, check out these posts in our blog:
- Off-Roading (Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Jeeps) in Elko County NV
- Hiking and Camping in Elko County NV
- Hunting and Fishing in Elko County NV
- Mountain Biking in Elko County NV
- Skiing in Elko County NV
- Snowmobiling in Elko County NV
- Take Coal Mine Road, turn right on Mesa Verde, first left, second right, first left. Need 4 wheel drive vehicle. Small wood stake on lot, buyer to verify.
- GPS Location – Latitude/Longitude: 40.9838, -115.5792
- Physical Address: VAN BUREN AVE
- Legal Description: Subdivision TWIN RIVER RANCHOS UNIT 3, Block 26, Lot 2
- Size: 2.27 acres
- Parcel Number: 025-026-002
- Terrain: Rolling desert with small shrubs. Mountain views.
- Access: Dirt road – Need 4 wheel drive vehicle.
- Zoning: This property is zoned “Agricultural-Residential,” which means that single family dwellings can be built, including stick-built homes, mobile homes, modulars, and “tiny houses.” RV camping is allowed as well, with an approved septic tank. The property can also be used for hobby agriculture, including uses such as: gardens, orchards, vegetable crops, nurseries and greenhouses, private horse stables, and rodeo/roping areas. For further questions on allowable uses, contact John Kingwell, director of the Elko County Planning and Zoning Department, at 775.738.6816.
- Electric: Would need to be extended to lot, or use off-grid setup such as generator or solar. For info on extending electric to lot call NV Energy at 775.738.3188.
- Sewer: Septic would need to be installed. Contact Nevada Department of Health for more info, at 775.753.1138.
- Water: Would need to dig a well or use holding tank. For permit information on wells, call Nevada State Water Resources at 775.753.3553.
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed.
- Taxes: $16 / Annually
- HOA fees: None
Price and Financing:
- Discounted Cash Price: $3,050
Financing is Available: Down payment of $349 and monthly payments of $98 for 36 months. Interest rate: 9.5%. No credit check required. Buyer is responsible for $69 loan setup fee and $9/month loan processing fee.
- Your only closing cost is a document preparation fee of $295.
- To pay this fee, use the link below.