This property has been sold. To see our available properties, please click on the “Properties” link at the top of this page. To hear about new properties as soon as they’re available, please join our Email List.
Camp, Build, or Hold as an Investment! 1.88 Acre Corner Lot in Ryndon, NV – Located right off of I-80!
Elko County, Nevada is wide-open and scenic, offering beautiful views of the high desert with mountain backdrops. Ranchers, hunters, and fishermen have sought out land here for decades, as have business-people and entertainment figures looking to combine a quiet rural retreat with an investment in land. Examples include Reebok founder Paul Fireman, as well as actor Jimmy Stewart, both of whom owned ranches in Elko County.
There are many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors near this property, thanks to the vast quantity of protected wilderness land in Elko County. The county contains 3 districts of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, while also possessing several million acres of US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) land that is available for public use (see BLM map in the pictures on this listing).
This property is located just 4 miles outside of the town of Ryndon, and is as a short drive from Interstate 80, making it well-situated to be a private outdoor getaway. While its rural location and desert views provide a relaxing, natural backdrop, modern conveniences such as bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and Walmart are available nearby in the town of Elko. Nearby recreational opportunities include:
- Hiking, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, ATV riding, and camping.
- Golf at the Ruby View Golf Course in Elko
- The California Trail Interpretive Center, where you can follow the footsteps and stories of gold-rush pioneers and other settlers.
- Casinos, bars, and restaurants in the town of Elko
To get a sense for the local area and the incredible amount of outdoor recreation available near this property, check out these posts in our blog:
- Off-Roading (Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Jeeps) in Elko County NV
- Hiking and Camping in Elko County NV
- Hunting and Fishing in Elko County NV
- Mountain Biking in Elko County NV
- Skiing in Elko County NV
- Snowmobiling in Elko County NV
- This property is a corner lot, located approximately 4 miles north of Ryndon and I-80. There is access to the lot by dirt road. A 4 wheel drive vehicle is recommended, as the road is bumpy. It is on the corner of Quartzite Dr and Jackson Ave. Call the listing agent for driving directions..
- GPS Coordinates: 40.9847,-115.5781
- Physical Address: Quartzite Dr /Jackson Ave
- Legal Description: TWIN RIVER RANCHOS UNIT 3 Lot 5 Block 26
- Size: 1.88 acres
- Parcel Number: 025-026-005
- Terrain: Rolling desert with small shrubs. Desert and hill views.
- Access: Dirt road, see location details above.
- Zoning: This property is zoned “AR,” which stands for “Agricultural-Residential.” This means single family dwellings can be built, including stick-built homes, mobile homes, modulars, and “tiny houses.” RV camping is allowed as well, with an approved septic tank. The property can also be used for hobby agriculture, including uses such as: gardens, orchards, vegetable crops, nurseries and greenhouses, private horse stables, and rodeo/roping areas. To confirm allowable uses, contact John Kingwell, director of the Elko County Planning and Zoning Department, at 775.738.6816.
- Electric: Would need to be extended to lot or use a generator or off-grid setup. For info on extending electric to lot call NV Energy at 775.738.3188.
- Sewer: Septic would need to be installed. Contact Nevada Department of Health for more info, at 775.753.1138.
- Water: Would need to dig a well or use holding tank. For permit information on wells, call Nevada State Water Resources at 775.753.3553.
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed.
- Taxes: $16 / Annually
- HOA fees: None
Price / Financing Information – Choose Between:
- Cash price: $2,950
- Financed price: $3,450. Down payment of $349 and monthly payments of $99 for 36 months. Interest rate: 9.5%. No credit check required. Buyer is responsible for any loan setup fees and monthly processing fees charged by the loan servicing company.
- To keep your closing costs low, we pay for most of the closing costs (we pay for the Realtor’s commission and title insurance policy, among other things).
- Your total out of pocket closing costs for this property would be: $250 for a cash purchase.
- Note: As mentioned above, if you purchase the property with financing, you would be responsible for paying any loan setup fees and monthly processing fees charged by the loan servicing company.