This property has been sold. To see our available properties, please click on the “Properties” link at the top of this page. To hear about new properties as soon as they’re available, join our Email List.
0.19 Acre Lot in Mineral County, Nevada, with Walker Lake Views!
Set amid the stunning natural beauty of Walker Lake, this 0.19 acre parcel makes an ideal getaway spot for an outdoor enthusiast.
Opportunities for outdoor adventure are plentiful near this property. Hunt for Pronghorn Antelope, Mule Deer, or Desert Bighorn Sheep in nearby mountains, such as Bald and Beauty Peaks, or in the broad expanse of Ninemile Flat. Go fishing in the Weber Reservoir or Walker River. Take in the area’s beautiful lake, river, and mountain views while hiking its many trails. While out hiking, be sure to explore the numerous ghost towns and old mining camps in the area. If you’re up for it, you can even participate in the “Annual 911 Challenge” 17 mile hike, which takes you to the peak of Mt. Grant, providing views of the Walker River, Lake, and Valley below.
If you’re a quad, dirt bike, or Jeep enthusiast you’re definitely in luck – according to Mineral County’s Tourism website, you’ll be able to access up to 2,000 miles of dirt roads and trails, with ghost towns, ghost mining camps, and even a lava bed along the way to explore.
Other local attractions include:
- Golf at the Walker Lake Golf Course, 15 minutes away from the property in the town of Hawthorne.
- Wildlife viewing: Besides pelicans and gulls, seasonal birds such as cormorants, grebes, plovers, ducks, and geese often stop here on their migratory flights. Other wildlife you might see include: hawks, coyotes, foxes, bighorn sheep, wild mustangs, along with the occasional eagle, mountain lion, or bear.
- Museums: The unique Ordinance Museum displays wartime ammunition, tank, missiles, and military gear. The County Museum displays geologic and historic items from Mineral County’s prehistoric and mining past, as well as memorabilia from the WWII town of Babbitt.
This property is also a great jumping-off point for day trips to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, or the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest.
Although this property’s rural location and proximity to the lake provide a relaxing, natural backdrop, modern conveniences like restaurants, stores, and gas stations are available just 15 minutes away in the town of Hawthorne.
From Highway 95, take W. Cottonwood Dr. to N. Betty Jane Dr. Approximately 2 minutes (0.3 miles) from the highway. Property is located at the eastern corner of the intersection of W. Cottonwood Dr. and N. Betty Jane Dr.
- Street address: 108 N Betty Jane Dr, Walker Lake, NV 89415
- Legal Description: Mallet Subdivision Unit No. 2, Lot 20
- County: Mineral County, Nevada
- Size: 0.191 acres
- Parcel Number: 8-043-32
- GPS location: 38.646515, -118.758031 (Latitude/Longitude)
- Terrain: Slight slope
- Access: Paved road. Property is a 2 minute drive (0.3 miles) from Highway 95
- Zoning: Zoning code “R1T” – single family residential with stick built homes, modular homes, and trailers allowed
- Electric: Electricity at nearby homes; would need to extend to lot
- Sewer: Would need to install septic
- Water: Public water
- Conveyance: Grant, Bargain, and Sale Deed
- Taxes: $107 / Year
- Walker Lake Water District water line maintenance fee: $25/month if no water is hooked up or $49/month once water is hooked up.